TEHRAN (FNA)- Sources in the Russian Defense Ministry disclosed that the country’s aircraft carrier group is ready to launch a strike targeting terrorists in the province of Aleppo in the next 24 hours.
The source told Russia’s Gazeta that the attack, which will likely engage Kalibr cruise missiles, will target militants outside Aleppo, and not the residential areas, Sputnik reported.
- Russia Checkmates The West: Expect More CIA Mossad Proxy Terrorism, Not Nuclear War
The group, which includes Russia’s ‘Admiral Kuznetsov’ aircraft carrier, ‘Pyotr Veliky’ nuclear power guided missile cruiser and two destroyers, has completed its transfer to the Mediterranean Sea and is getting ready to strike, the Defense Ministry source said.
“The group’s main goal is to carry out missile strikes on terrorists outside of Aleppo that are attempting to get into the city”, the source added.
- Previous Russian Caliber Missile Attack On 30 Israeli Intelligence Officers Killed in Aleppo, Syria on 9/22/2016
He also said that Kalibr cruise missiles will be used in the strikes, but did not specify from which ships the missiles will be launched.
No Russian surface ship that is currently in the Med is capable of firing the Kalibr-NK missiles, but submarine-launched Kalibr-PL could be used in the strike. The surface-launched type of Kalibr missile could also be launched from the Caspian Sea.
Right now final details of the strike are being worked out, the source told Gazeta.ru, including zeroing in on the terrorists’ locations, finding out the details of their transport routes, base camps and storage and training facilities.
“The strikes will avoid the city of Aleppo to prevent civilian casualties, because terrorists continue to use city residents as human shields.”
Over the recent months, Aleppo has been a battlefield between government forces and numerous terrorist groups.
FARS News Agency
- NWO’s Nightmare: The Fall Of Obama & Netanyahu’s Eunuchs In Aleppo!
- Syrian Army Troops Repulse ISIL Attacks on Gov’t Forces’ Positions in Deir Ezzur
- Update: Kerry Breaches Syrian Ceasefire Armistice ‘Within A Week’ ~ Russians Retaliate Killing 30 Israeli U.S. Officers Hidden In Aleppo Operations Centre